Is IELTS speaking test hard?Asked by: Darrick Crist IV | Last update: June 5, 2022
Score: 4.1/5 (5 votes)
You may be surprised at how easy the questions are! IELTS speaking is not an academic test. Sometimes people can go wrong because they treat it like an intelligence test and forget to use good English. 7- Get a recording of the news/radio/anything produced by native English speakers.
How can I pass IELTS speaking test?
- Tip 1: Don't memorise answers.
- Tip 2: Don't use big and unfamiliar words.
- Tip 3: Use a range of grammatical structures.
- Tip 4: Don't worry about your accent.
- Tip 5: Pause to think.
- Tip 6: Avoid using fillers.
- Tip 7: Extend your answers.
- Tip 8: Smiling helps pronunciation.
How hard is it to get 7 in IELTS speaking?
It is not impossible but it takes work. More realistic students tend to be around Band 6.5 and want a Band 7, In this case, their weak areas are easily fixed and they tend to have good vocabulary and grammar overall.
Is it easy to get a 9 in IELTS speaking?
In simple words you need fluency, confidence, spontaneity and coherence to score a 9 band in speaking. But this would be an oversimplification of the problem. Below, we detail out how to make yourself comfortable with the test, and dig deeper into the exam format and the examiner's expectation.
Is it easy to get 6.5 in IELTS speaking?
Wondering how to get 6.5 in IELTS? Scoring 5.5 or 6 may seem possible from 4.5 or 5 with a little more practice and preparation; however, reaching 6.5 is a little difficult but not impossible. It will require substantial practice on your part.
Toughest IELTS Speaking Questions 2021
How do you get a 6.5 band to talk?
- Speak at length on certain topics.
- Use a range of linking words to connect ideas.
- Show good ability to paraphrase.
- Use both simple and complex structures.
- Speak with generally good pronunciation.
How can I get 8.5 in IELTS speaking?
My 3 Step Tips for IELTS Band Score 8.5
– Go through the test format. – Spend some time and understand the question patterns in each segment. – Keep in mind the time limit for every segment. – Do an initial sample test (download from IELTS official website) just to see where you stand.
Is 6.5 A good score in IELTS?
Ans. The score band of 6.5 is considered as competent and is borderline B2/C1 as per statistics and the institution's standards. For IELTS, a band score of 7.5 is acceptable or recommended. It all comes down to whether 6.5 is a good enough score to pass the IELTS exam.
Why is IELTS so difficult?
IELTS is so hard because it is a test designed to push your English ability as far as it will go. This means that at some point you will reach a point where you can no longer complete the the questions effectively.
In which month IELTS exam is easy?
Which month of the IELTS exam is easy? The questions for the exam tend to change every few months. So, there is no definitive answer to which month would be the easiest. However, it is advisable that candidates retake the exam only after a few months, with thorough preparation to score better.
How can I get 7.5 speaking?
- Smile and be yourself. On test day, one of the biggest ways that students ruin their score is by being nervous. ...
- Know what the examiner wants. One secret to doing well on any test is knowing what the exam is testing. ...
- Use interesting vocabulary. ...
- Use lots of linking words. ...
- Practice speaking English.
What are the 3 parts of IELTS speaking test?
- Part 1: Introduction and Interview.
- Part 2: Individual long term.
- Part 3: Two-way discussion.
How do you introduce yourself in a speaking test?
It is always good to say “I live in (name of the city)” then “I hail from (name of the city).” It is good to be as formal as you can be. Do not say anything that might look awkward. You can say, “I am 21 years old” but do not say as follows: “I am in my early twenties.”
Is IELTS speaking test on same day?
The Listening, Reading and Writing components of the test are always completed immediately after each other, with no break in between. You can choose the date of your Speaking test. The Speaking test may be taken on the same day or up to 3 days either before or after the test date.
How can I get 7.5 in IELTS writing?
- Step 1: Answer all parts of the question.
- Step 2: Present a clear position.
- Step 3: Structure your essay.
- Step 4: Use linking devices.
- Step 5: Use a range of vocabulary.
- Step 6: Use a range of grammatical structures correctly.
- Step 7: Check your essay thoroughly.
- Improve IELTS Writing score.
Is IELTS 8.5 good?
Overall score of 8.5 is quite excellent. With this score, you can satisfy any universities' language proficiency requirements. You are considered between expert user and very good user of English.
Is IELTS easy?
The world's leading test of English language proficiency, IELTS is not difficult in itself. In less than 3 hours, it assesses your abilities in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Is 6.0 A good score in IELTS for USA?
It is the largest private university in the southwest US and provides excellent academic studies in a Christ-centered community. International students will require an overall band of 6.0 in IELTS6. 0 for Writing and Speaking and 5.5 for Reading and Listening.
Is 6.5 IELTS score good for Canada?
Is 6.5 a good score in IELTS for Canada? Yes, 6.5 is a good band score for an IELTS students visa. Through this score, you can apply to ample universities at your preferred level of study.
Is 6 band in IELTS good for Australia?
Generally, to study in Australia, you need to score a minimum 6.5 overall in IELTS, with no band less than 6.0 for your postgraduate degree. And when you apply for your undergraduate options, you need to score a minimum 6.0 overall in IELTS.