Which book is best for IELTS self preparation?Asked by: Bennett Rau III | Last update: July 7, 2022
Score: 4.9/5 (5 votes)
- Barron's IELTS Superpack. ...
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS. ...
- Cambridge IELTS 14 Academic Student's Book with Answers with Audio. ...
- Official IELTS Practice Materials. ...
- Road to IELTS.
How can I study for IELTS by myself?
- Test yourself with practice questions. ...
- Record yourself doing an IELTS Speaking test. ...
- Test out computer delivered IELTS. ...
- Check your bookshelf. ...
- Take some time to learn all about the IELTS test. ...
- Keep your general English level up.
Is self study enough for IELTS?
Convenience. IELTS self-study can be without a doubt a very lucrative option because you can do it practically anywhere and at any time. You don't have to go to a specialised school at a certain time, and the time you save can be used to do more self-preparation.
Which IELTS for Canada PR?
To prove your English proficiency, you should take the IELTS General Training test, which is the preferred test for immigration to Canada.
Is it difficult to pass IELTS?
The world's leading test of English language proficiency, IELTS is not difficult in itself. In less than 3 hours, it assesses your abilities in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Best IELTS Preparation MATERIALS: Practice Tests, Books and Apps
Which site is best for IELTS preparation?
- What Are The Best Websites For IELTS Online Preparation? ...
- GlobalExam: The Best Online IELTS Training Solution. ...
- IELTS Liz: Writing, Speaking Listening and Reading Exercises. ...
- IELTS Buddy: Improve your Grammar and Vocabulary! ...
- IELTS Mentor: The site for both Academic and General Training.
In which month IELTS exam is easy?
Which month of the IELTS exam is easy? The questions for the exam tend to change every few months. So, there is no definitive answer to which month would be the easiest. However, it is advisable that candidates retake the exam only after a few months, with thorough preparation to score better.
Can I prepare for IELTS at home?
The good news is, you need not shell out huge sums of money towards coaching. With methodical and systematic planning and with a deep understanding of the structure of the test, you can prepare for IELTS sitting at home.
Which app is best for IELTS preparation?
IELTS Exam Preparation by Magoosh. It's another Magoosh Inc. app that's one of the most popular on the Android Play Store. It also includes 600 vocabulary-building words selected particularly for the IELTS exam.
What is the full form of IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to help you work, study or migrate to a country where English is the native language. This includes countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and USA.
Can I use pen for IELTS writing?
Paper-based IELTS test. ... If you take IELTS on paper, you will complete the Reading, Listening and Writing parts on paper. You can use a pen or HB-pencil to complete your Writing test, but you must use an HB-pencil to write your Listening and Reading answers on the answer sheet.
Is IELTS valid for 3 years now?
The IELTS is valid up to 2 years from the date of the exam. The result date will not play any role in the validity of IELTS.
Do questions repeat in IELTS?
IELTS interviewers will only repeat a question once. If you ask them to say the question a third time, they won't do it. Instead, the will simply move on to the rest of the interview.
Why IELTS fee is high?
IELTS is so expensive for four main reasons. Firstly, you are paying for the famous name, 'Cambridge', 'The British Council'. Secondly, all speaking and writing tests are marked manually by IELTS examiners who need to be trained and paid. Finally, like any business there are overhead costs.
Which online IELTS course best?
- Understanding IELTS (FutureLearn & The British Council)
- IELTS Prep & Practice (Magoosh Online)
- IELTS Academic Test Preparation (edX)
- IELTS Preparation Specialization (Coursera)
- IELTS Band 7+ Complete Prep Course (Udemy)
Can we do IELTS without coaching?
If you would like assistance with test preparation, IELTS centres and language schools around the world offer IELTS preparation courses. You don't have to attend a preparation course, but many test takers find that doing so helps them improve their performance.
Which month is better for IELTS exam?
The best time to take the IELTS is right before the topics change, namely the months of December, April, and August. IELTS speaking topics are added in January, May, and September. By this time, the candidate will be aware of 99.9% of the topics that will eventually help them take the exam.
Do reading passages repeat in IELTS?
Your examiner will repeat each question once if asked. However, they won't do it if you ask them to repeat the question a third time. Instead, they will move on with the interview. So don't be afraid to ask the examiner to repeat a question you didn't quite catch.
What you should not do in IELTS speaking?
- Don't rush to answer the questions. ...
- Don't answer a question if you don't understand it. ...
- Don't be afraid to correct yourself. ...
- Don't memorize answers. ...
- Don't use complicated words. ...
- Don't use grammar that you're unsure about. ...
- Don't say/write very little (or nothing)
Is passport necessary for IELTS?
6. No Passport, No Test Policy: All candidates must bring their original valid passport, a copy of which was submitted with the application, to the speaking test and listening, reading and writing test. If the candidate does not bring their original passport on the test day, they will be refused entry to the test.
What is the maximum age for IELTS?
IELTS Eligibility for Indian Students
The exam council recommends this test for anyone above the age of 16. There is no upper age limit for the examination. The IELTS examination is open to all with no discrimination for age groups, gender, race, or nationality.
Can I wear a watch during IELTS?
Watches are not allowed in the test room. Every test room will have a clock on the wall. Stay aware of the time so you can attempt all questions. The Listening, Reading and Writing tests have a number of sections.
How IELTS exam looks like?
The Listening, Reading and Writing sections of all IELTS tests are completed on the same day, with no breaks in between them. The Speaking section, however, can be completed up to a week before or after the other tests. The total test time is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Which is better computer based or paper-based IELTS?
The paper-based test is easier than the computer-delivered test. This is a myth! Again, both the computer-delivered and paper-based IELTS test are the same level of difficulty. The computer-delivered test has a help button to assist you throughout the test.